Is the Current Model of Shari’ah Governance Fit for Purpose?
The Islamic Finance Council UK (IFC) and the International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), in association wih K&L Gates invite you to an event addressing the Shari’ah governance model. The event will include the UK launch of the IFC and ISRA External Shari’ah Audit Report 2016.
The event will cover several key themes including:
- How the current Shari’ah governance model works; its gaps and limitations
- Examining the role of scholars alongside areas of potential conflict and impairment
- The role of external Shari’ah audit
- Regulatory differences in approach – is there a ‘best practice’?
- Is it all about the fatwa? To what level are Islamic bankers individually and personally responsible?
Speakers will include:
- Sheikh Prof. Dr. Mohamed Ali Elgari, Member of ISRA Council of Scholars
- Dr Akram Laldin, Executive Director, ISRA
- The Lord Sheikh, Conservative Muslim Peer
- Jonathan Lawrence, Partner, K&L Gates LLP
- Iqbal Asaria CBE, Associate, Afkar Consulting Ltd
- Dr Marjan Muhammad, Director of Research, ISRA
- Arshadur Rahman, Manager – Shari’ah Compliant Facilities Project, Bank of England
- Sheikh Haytham Tamim, Founder, Shariah Solutions
- Omar Shaikh, Advisory Board Member, IFC
To register for the event click below:
+ View more Islamic Finance related material on K&L Gates HUB