We are delighted to be formally supporting the Ethical Finance 2019 summit; the premier event in Edinburgh advocating finance for positive change. The 2 day gathering of banks, investors, asset owners, regulators and development agencies from across the globe will explore the transition to a sustainable financial system where capital drives positive change.
The summit on October 8 and 9 is being organised by the Global Ethical Finance Initiative and is supported by the Scottish Government. Bodies represented will include the United Nations, Bank of England, Financial Conduct Authority, RBS, Baillie Gifford and HSBC. It is the fourth time the summit has been staged in Edinburgh, and it will be attended by over 400 senior representatives from more than 200 companies and organisations from across the globe.
As part of the Ethical Finance summit UKIFC and Church of Scotland are co-hosting a private round table and dinner with global industry leaders / senior religious guests. The event, which will take place in Edinburgh on Wednesday 9th October 2019, will look at interfaith collaboration and the role of faith based values in modern finance. It will provide a unique opportunity to discuss progress and next steps in relation to the Edinburgh Finance Declaration.
We have a limited number of discount codes (applicable to early bird rates) for Ethical Finance 2019 so please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Topics to be explored at Ethical Finance 2019 include:
- Financing Sustainability: Designing for A Future on Earth
- SDGs and the UN Principles for Responsible Banking
- Worthy of Trust? Law, Ethics and Culture in Financial Institutions
- Accelerating Green Finance
- FinTech for Good
- Data Paradigm Shift – Exploring ESG Data Needs
- Values-Based Investing – an Asset Owner Perspective
- Measuring Impact – Asset Manager Challenges
- Finance for Sustainable Supply Chains
- Innovative Financing Structures and Using Blended Capital
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dame Susan Rice, Practitioner Member, Banking Standards Board
- Sir Rodger Gifford, Chair, Green Finance Taskforce
- Sarah Breeden, Executive Director for UK Deposit Takers Supervision, Bank of England
- Saker Nusseibeh, CEO, Hermes Investment Management
- Richad Soundardjee, Chief Executive Officer (Middle East), Societe Generale
- The Most Revd and Rt Hon Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury (Video address)
- Tan Sri Dato Azman Mokhtar, Former MD, Khazanah Nasional Berhad
- David Blunt, Head of Conduct Specialists Department, Supervision – Financial Conduct Authority
- Charles Haresnape, CEO, Gatehouse Bank
More speakers are listed on www.ethicalfinance2019.com