The UKIFC are thrilled to be delivering a Global Leaders event in partnership with the Global Ethical Finance Initiative, as part of the Scottish Government’s Expo 2020 Dubai Race to Net Zero Day. Taking place in Dubai International Financial Centre, the event will look at future of green and sustainable finance with a particular focus on financing the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- HE Dr Reza Baqir, Governor, State Bank of Pakistan
- Christian Gueckel, Chief Risk Officer, Head of Research, Sedco Capital
- Ivan McKee, Minister for Business, Trade, Tourism and Enterprise, Scottish Government
- Mustafa Adil, Head of Islamic Finance, Data & Analytics, London Stock Exchange Group
- Graham Burnside, Senior Advisor, GEFI & Chair, UKIFC
- Syed Samar Hasnain, Executive Director, State Bank of Pakistan
- Omar Shaikh, Managing Director, GEFI
Scotland has a unique and strong heritage in ethical finance through the world’s first mutual savings scheme, the world’s first savings bank and indeed the father of modern economics Adam Smith. Smith’s reconciliation between self-interest and innate goodness through his enquiries into moral philosophy and the causes of the wealth of nations created the chassis by which modern markets and economies functions.
With the meteoric rise of ethical/sustainable finance (over $80trn signed up to PRI) once again modern markets face the challenge of reconciling profit and purpose. This event will unpack and explore key thematic in the financial markets in addressing this global trend which aligns with Expo 2020 Dubai’s focus on sustainability and the UN SDGs.
We will also be officially launching our latest report with State Bank of Pakistan (SBP on implementing the SDGs into national economic framework.
There is still time to register to join us here.