See the overview of our previous events
Our Thematic Workshops are unlike typical conferences in that they tackle head on the key industry issues and challenges
Islamic Finance and Social Purpose
The Islamic Finance Council UK (UKIFC) and the International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), in association with Clifford Chance invite you to our annual conference exploring the social impact of the current Islamic Finance industry and the opportunity the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN Principles of Responsible Banking presents.
Our annual event has become the premier London conference in Islamic Finance convening a multi-stakeholder global audience interested in open, frank and challenging discussions on core issues framing the industry’s purpose and informing future direction. Nothing is off the table at the Reimagining Islamic Finance London Summit.
Watch our previous event video
2019 event topics include:
- What is Islamic finance doing to demonstrate social purpose – what impact is it making in this area?
- UN SDGs – an opportunity or a threat for Islamic finance?
- Ethical investing and debt capital markets – green bonds, impact bonds and sukuk, where are we and where are we going?
- Beyond banking – what is the role for other players (e.g. waqf / endowments) in Islamic finance and can they influence incumbent Islamic banks to drive stronger social purpose?
- One God many paths: multifaith perspectives – what can the different faiths learn from each other & why so many faiths have a problem with interest?
Clifford Chance Auditorium, 10 Upper Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JJ
Interested in Sponsorship Opportunities?
We have a limited number of sponsorship packages available and to discuss this, or speaking / promotional partner opportunities